It's new year's eve and I'm pretty grateful for 2020, wierd, I know...but I'll let you know why here in a minute.
So, I found a half written blog post about how I discovered that I like to write....interesting. It is true, as long I as I get to write about things I care about and experiences that will help others. In 2020, I discovered many things:
- I'm damn good at writing a Google review and I should be getting some free meals in 2021...or else.
- I love the beach and sand isn't that bad after all.
- Quit worrying so much, the cosmetics to correct the wrinkles cost too damn much.
- Embrace the suck. Brene Brown is my hero for 2020, her books have made me a better person with the help of a whole host of other people in my life, some new additions and some who have been around for years.
This morning I was reading The New York Times, I feel super adult to say that, and an article about lessons we learned from the pandemic caught my attention. I've included the link below if you would like to read it; however, I'm going to take the questions they asked others and provide my responses, it is almost therapeutic to go through this exercise.
What vice have you turned to, to get through the days during the pandemic?
What is a new skill you’ve learned this year?
Well.......I'm not sure if I learned a new skill, but I'm learning to be a better husband, everyday. When you are single for most of your adult life, and then you get married at the beginning of a pandemic....well, you learn a lot about each other because you are together constantly. The married people reading this, you feel me.
What is the best purchase you’ve made during the pandemic?
We bought a condo in October in Fort Lauderdale, FL. It was the right time to make that jump. I'm glad we did it. It's small and just an escape from the cold in the winter and a place to relax.
If you could go back to last March, what is one tip you would tell yourself about surviving the rest of the year?
Is there something in your life that you used to do before the pandemic but won’t do again in the future?
What is one thing you don’t want to forget from this year?
What are the top three important things in life that you learned from the pandemic?
- Embrace the suck.
- Surround yourself with those who are in the arena with you.
- Be brave
How We Got Through and What We Missed Most: Lessons From a Pandemic Year https://nyti.ms/3o1saKM